History

2009

Fusce eu urna et mauris semper pulvinar purus. Morbi porttitor pharetra libero et semper. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Class aptent taciti sociosqu ad litora torquent per conubia nostra, per inceptos himenaeos.  Proin sodales auctor ligula eget hendrerit fermentum fermentum. Morbi porttitor pharetra libero et semper. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla ac purus dignissim, suscipit orci vitae, venenatis lectus. Integer aliquet, nisl non eleifend sodales. Class aptent taciti sociosqu ad litora torquent per conubia nostra, per inceptos himenaeos. Proin sodales auctor ligula eget hendrerit fermentum fermentum.

The Beginning

Coming soon

 

 

Early Days

The first pioneer to live on this farm was Nathan (Peter) Peck whom build a house 200 yards northwest of the present Davenport Farm in 1770. The first home build on the present site of the Davenport home was build by Josiah Dole in 1793. Over the years there were several owners: James and Pliny Bishop 1985: Gardner Severance 1862: Luther Franklin 1865: and Luther Truesdell 1890.

Walter Davenport

Walter Davenport bought the farm from Elliot Truesdell in 1913. At the time it was a working dairy farm and the pastures and fence lines were dotted with large sugar maple trees indicating that the maple syrup had probably been produced dating back to the very first settlers. The sugarhouse Walter used was located near the farmhouse and served as the ice house during the winter.